Seeking Communications/Technology Systems Designer in DENVER!
(In-office and *hybrid working options)
PK Electrical is a rapidly expanding electrical engineering firm leading the industry in lighting, power, and communications systems design throughout the Western US. If you are seeking a small, team-centric culture dedicated to providing the highest quality of design and service to clients, PK Electrical is the place for you.
Do you take pride in the quality of work you produce?
Do you enjoy and excel in a team environment?
Do you want to grow yourself and your career to the next level?
PK Electrical, Inc. is a self-performing electrical engineering, design and consulting firm established in 1996. PK Electrical is headquartered in Reno, Nevada and has a second office in Denver, Colorado. Our dynamic team has experience in design, specifications and construction administration services for many project types that include airports, healthcare, transportation, K-12 and higher education, and sports facilities/parks to name a few. We are the regional leader in the industry and are committed to the idea that happy employees lead to happy clients.
- Perform the design of low voltage/communications/technology systems for vertical and horizontal projects
- Communicate effectively with clients, maintain the project schedule, and perform and coordinate design from start to finish for on-time deliverables
- Coordinate with other disciplines for design of communications systems
- Perform construction administration duties for projects designed
- Prepare project specifications specifically for Division 27 and 28
- Research code and standards requirements for projects
- Active participation in project meetings
- Provide internal QA/QC
- Provide input and guidance on company processes and standards
- Uphold the PK brand and reputation by providing the highest level of client service based on trust and responsiveness
- 5+ years of experience designing low voltage, telecommunications, and security systems
- Experience working with architects and understanding floor plans
- Understanding of ANSI/TIA, BICSI standards, and NEC codes
- Working knowledge of industry design criteria standards
- Familiarity with communications/security system equipment manufacturers
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle short deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- RCDD Certification a plus
- Government project experience a plus
- Network systems experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Over the past 26 years, PK Electrical, Inc. has developed and implemented a company culture that is positive, empowering and supports personal and professional growth. PK Electrical employees experience a vibrant environment and a plethora of workplace perks including, and not limited to:
- Competitive pay & great benefits
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance through Humana
- 401(k) with company match after 1 year of employment
- Paid PTO, vacation, and holidays
- Flexible bi-weekly schedule available (offered after six month employment review)
- *Hybrid in-office/remote schedule available (offered after six month employment review)
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance opportunities
- Gym facility on site
- Training & development
- Generous paid continuing education program
- Team building events
- Internal and external learning opportunities
- Team culture & environment
- Fun company events (14ers, ski day, BBQ, team building, happy hours)
- Competitive pay & great benefits
- Business Development & Marketing Challenge incentive program
- Community involvement
If you are a confident, positive, and highly motivated person and you think PK Electrical sounds like the place for you, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please be advised that we typically fill open positions rather quickly. No phone calls, please.